Faster to Any Disaster
SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration services.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t have to wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture and more. SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call us 24/7—(409) 729-2800
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increases dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structure rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
How Do I Know If I Have Mold?
One of the many questions SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton gets on a regular basis is “How do I know if I have mold?” Mold requires moisture and a food source to grow such as wallpaper, drywall or other organic building materials. In most cases, mold grows from having high humidity in your home or business, a non-ventilated bathroom or a recent water loss. However, if you believe that you do have mold growing in your home or business it is best to have a qualified environmental lab take samples. An environmental lab will be able to explain the testing process and provide results based off of the samples taken from your home. Based off of those results, they provide recommendations on how the mold would need remediation. Then, SERVPRO can take those results and recommendations to properly remediate the home or business of any microbial growth.
SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team stationed at our office during Hurricane Harvey.
Did you know that SERVPRO has a specialized storm team and large loss response network to provide the resources to your property when others can’t? In the event of a disaster, SERVPRO professionals have the resources to relocate crews with equipment to take care of all of our customer’s needs. SERVPRO strategically places mobilization teams across the country to travel when needed to support in recovery after large storm events such as hurricanes. Our job as water damage restoration professionals is to limit the amount of business interruption. We understand that fast mitigation is key to getting your business back up and running. SERVPRO provides the resources in the event of a large storm event to make sure that the right equipment, procedures and training are in place to ensure that the structure is dry the first time and saves you time and money.
Do you have questions about how SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton can help you prepare for a disaster? Contact us today at (409) 729-2800!
SERVPRO is a leader in the much overlooked market of document drying. In the event of a commercial water loss—it’s imperative that important documents such as legal documents, medical records and government documents are not overlooked.
SERVPRO has the capability in the event of a disaster to restore these documents. Listed below are just a few techniques that are used to help commercial clients and their pertinent documents.
- Vacuum Freeze Drying—Process in which an item containing moisture is frozen and dried using various vacuums and pressures to achieve sublimation.
- Digitizing—Ability to digitize records and documents eliminating the need to have massive file rooms.
- Gamma Irradiation—is a process that is used for cleaning/disinfecting decontaminated documents. In sewage or flood water (CAT 3) situations, documents are not only deteriorating, but they are infested with all types of bacteria.
- Certified Destruction
If you have any questions about SERVPRO’s document drying services, contact us today at (409) 729-2800!
What To Do Until Help Arrives
Many of us do not know the first steps to take in the event of water damage in our homes. SERVPRO has over 40 years of leadership and training in cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO has put together a few Do’s and Don’ts to help in the event of water damage in your home.
Water Damage from Clean Water
- Shut off the source of the water as quickly as possible.
- Turn off any circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the breaker box is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping & blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Remove any documents, computers and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards are at risk.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches or circuit breakers are exposed to water/
- Leave books, newspapers. Magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove excess water. This could cause electrical shock or damage the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceilings are wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
In the event of a fire, a working smoke alarm increases your chances of surviving a fire. Here are some smoke alarm tips to help keep you and your family safe:
- Install a dual sensor smoke alarm. These contain both ionization and photoelectric smoke sensors. Ionization smoke alarms are more responsive to flaming fires while photoelectric smoke alarms are more responsive to fires that begin with a long smoldering period.
- Test batteries monthly.
- Replace the batteries in a battery-powered and hard-wired smoke alarms at least once a year.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home. Also, place them inside and outside sleeping areas.
- Replace the actual smoke alarm unit every 8-10 years or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Never disable a smoke alarm while cooking.
Carpet Cleaning Tips for Your Business
Stains in your carpet can happen at any time. If you have the right tools, you can get some nice results on your carpet at home or business. Keep these tips in mind the next time disaster strikes!
- Always blot spills and liquid stains. NEVER scrub. Scrubbing just pushes the stain particles further in the carpet fibers, making the stain harder to remove and accelerates deterioration. Blot the stain starting from the edges and much of the stain can be removed without other cleaning supplies.
- Club soda works wonders in the event someone spills beer or wine on your carpet. Blot club soda on the stain. If club soda does not do the trick, mix it with a bit of white vinegar and spray the solution on the stain. Let sit for 15 minutes and then blot it up.
- Scrape off stuck on debris. Families with kids need the best arsenal of carpet cleaning tips because children can do a lot of damage in a short period of time. When candy or gum are stuck to the floor, try scraping it off with a knife before applying any moisture.
The best carpet cleaning tip, is to call SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton for regular deep cleaning. This can help protect the integrity of the flooring and ensure that any stains or soil will not cause any permanent issues.
Preventing Water Damage
A small amount of water soaking into your floors, walls or cabinets is all it takes to cause damage in your home or business. A study of closed water damage insurance claims identified plumbing pipes and drain systems as the leading cause of interior water damage. The following tips can help you minimize the risk in your home or business.
- Proper Maintenance—majority of insurance claims were caused by corroded, rusty, or frozen pipes. Maintaining these in your home or business can help prevent any future damage.
- Look for an increase in your monthly water bill—pipes with leaks can cause your water to bill to increase.
- Rust stains, moisture in the walls or on the floor are all potential indicators of plumbing issues.
- If you are on a sewer system or you are located below street level—contact a plumbing professional to install a backflow prevention into your sewer system.
- Make sure to plant trees away from lateral drain lines to prevent roots from damaging pipes.
- NEVER pour grease down the drain.
SERVPRO ERP Advantage
Do you own a business or businesses? In Southeast Texas, we know we can’t prevent disasters from happening, but we can prepare for them. What if I told you SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton could help provide peace of mind to your businesses in the event of a disaster? With an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP), you can prepare your business and minimize work interruption by creating an immediate plan of action in the event of a disaster. An ERP is at no cost to you and/or your business. It places all important information in a smart phone app at the palm of your hand. It also provides shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information—creating a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to contact in the event of a disaster. Finally, it establishes SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton as your local disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
Contact us today (409) 729-2800 for your no cost assessment of you facility preparing you for the next disaster!
Conditions in Southeast Texas Might Be Right for Mold
If you suspect mold in your home or business, call us at (409) 729-2800.
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Orange/Nederland/Lumberton to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.